Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday 3rd

I drove Sadie home Fri afternoon and had a nice visit with Trudy and George. I saw Carhartt and Benny. Benny is a standard black Poodle. He's still a pup but is quite large. It's funny to see little Carhartt play with a little dash hound! I got Carhartt in my lap and he fell asleep and it was a joy for me to be petting a dog again.

Saturday, I mainly vegged out. Making up for being on the go with Sadie.

Mary Kate told Frankie she couldn't come up for his operation, and she will be at our house the second week in July (I think this is right....I know she's coming sometime...) Maybe Trudy will be able to go to Knoxville for a couple of days. Dad is recovering from doing a lot of sitting and working on the Ham radio. Tonight is the MARA net where he calls in to all the men who are Ham operators too. Hopefully, he'll be able to use the new radio.

My Primary class went okay. I'll be the teacher for a while or maybe forever. I had all the children on the roll, 5, plus a visitor making 6 children. The lesson was the Savior is the Good Shepherd and I had cut out pictures of lambs for each child. I took cotton balls and glue and we glued "fur" on the lambs. The kids liked that. I tried to tell them to pull the cotton balls apart but the girls already knew what they wanted the lamb to look like and almost used all of the cotton balls before the boys even got started! I had a puzzle for them to put together and they liked that and Trudy had loaned me a memory game she had made and they liked that. We were still playing the game when the bell rang. Some lady , who is here for the summer, will be coming into my room to help in some way. Don't know if she'll be teaching too or what. I told Karen that I wanted to make some of the file folder games and she's coming over Wed. and we'll start making some. I might enjoy teaching this class after all if I can just find enough things for the children to do during the time I have them.

No comments: