Saturday, June 7, 2008

First Saturday in June

Our temperature gauge said it was 100 degrees today! I only got into the car to go get the mail and the car is always hot. I talked to Mary Kate, who was working on mulching her new swing set (wooden), and she said it was hot in LaGrange, GA. I was surprised when I looked at the temperature and it was 100 degrees! I heard on the news that the whole southeast was hot. I guess "they" will blame it on global warming.

I didn't get going until 11:00 this morning and then I didn't want to get up. I changed my sheets and then got Frank's lunch. I've finished reading and paper clipping all of the Friend magazines I have. I subscribed to the Friend and was told I would get the June issue. It's funny ( not literally) how at different stages of your life, you need different things. I have really enjoyed reading all of the Friends. Teaching the young children makes me emphasize the basics of the Gospel ( I don't know if I should have capitalized the"g" or not...). It's making my testimony grow and I'm enjoying that. I get the impression I should enjoy my class and not worry about it. As long as I have enough things to do in class, I should be okay! I have plenty of stories to read in class and they seem to like hearing a story.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

You will do great granny and that is perfect advice. just enjoy the class and the little ones!

yes it was very HOT today and even now it is 93 at 730pm!

the swingset looks really nice but too bad the kids can't play on it between the hours of 8pm and 6am!