Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Air Conditioning For The Truck

I took the truck to Big 10 Tires today to get the air conditioning charged up. I didn't want to wait around so I walked to the dollar store and strolled through it. I bought a $8.00 purse. When I got back, they gave me the bad news. The compressor was bad and that would cost abt. $800.00 to fix. WELL, that wasn't going to happen and I didn't want to charge it when it had a leak, for I don't drive it that much and I would hate to think the juice was leaking out with it parked in the yard. Last summer Karen and I drove it to H'ville with the air broken and it was a very hot drive! I guess it will just be a yard truck. It does drive well and the radio still works and it has power steering, but it won't have air conditioning!

Today was a slow day but it seemed to pass quickly. I prepared my Primary lesson. Now, I'll have to learn it so I won't have to look at my notes too much. I don't take the book with me. I will next Sun. for I hope it will be my last day in the classroom. I don't really have the patience to teach such young children. With the stress I have at home and my age, I think I will do better at the piano. Sis. Shelby, the President, wants everyone to be happy and when she gets another teacher, then I'll start playing the piano. Yeah!!

Before I was contacted about playing the piano, Karen had come over with a Finch Family File Folder book and we were in the process of running copies of various pages off. She was going to help me get some games together to help manage the time I have left over after I'm finished with the lesson. The call came while we were coping the pages, so we stopped that. She loaned me several games she had made up for that age class and it will really helped. I have really been blessed with talented friends. I hope they get something from my end of the friendship!

I have a Dr's appointment in H'ville at 10:30 AM. I have the exercise class at 8:30 and will go after that. I think I will cancel my membership at the Wellness Ctr. since I'm going to the Senior Ctr. to exercise. No use paying for membership that I don't use. If I had an exercise buddy, it would be different, but I don't. Jan Laytham goes to the Senior Ctr. so I know her and she has introduced me to her friends. I try to go early so I can do some walking before the exercise starts. It's mostly range of motion exercises. But I'm moving and that's what counts!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I'm so glad that you are going to be playing the piano. That'll take alot of stress off of you. The Lord was tesint you to see if you would give your all and you did! I love you so much mom! You are such a wonderful example ot me!

Sorry tohear about the compressor. I'll ask George to see if he can find a used compressor for the truck. Let me know when your dr. apt are in huntsville and if I'm in town, we'll hook up!