Sunday, June 15, 2008

Savage Sunday

I guess I was more tired from the trip yesterday than I thought. After Sacrament meeting, I was beginning to lag. Primary opening exercises were good but I had noisy children and I was in no mood to deal with that. I was a bear. I hope I wasn't too stern. My lesson was over in 15 minutes and I have them for 50 minutes! They didn't want to color and I had already played one game and was at a loss on what to do. One of the mothers was in with me and she had a bag full of file folder gamer which were super! There were matching shapes games and I don't remember what all she had, but I will have to make some of my own. In a file folder there are pictures on both sides of the folder and there is a baggie with the matching parts velcro-ed in the folder. Everyone but I probably knows about this. This is the busy work I need for the 5 yr. olds.

I don't need to be going to the cannery if it makes my Sundays crazy. It was nice to go for the first time and help out but maybe I'm too old and out of shape to do it. I did enjoy getting out of the house. It's hard to get old and not be able to do the things I used to take for granted.

I think I will drop my membership to the Wellness Ctr. and go to the Senior Ctr. instead. They have exercise classes Mon-Wed-Fri. The exercise isn't as hard but I will still be moving! Jan Laytham is involved in it and I went last Fri. to check it out and met some nice people. They use a short pole and a nerf ball. I was given a new ball and Jan gave me her husband's wooden dowel because he can't exercise because of his arthritis, so I'm set to go. The center opens at 7:30 AM and people come early and walk and the class starts at 8:30 to 9:15. I think I'll go tomorrow. Maybe I'll drive the truck and get the air conditioning fixed. Dad just said it might just be the truck, meaning it would be broken for ever and not fixable. I hope not. It drives nicely and doesn't look too bad except for the rust on the hood. Maybe George can help me spray the rust away. He has some landscaping rocks for me to pick up and it surely would be nice if we (I would help) could sand and spray paint the rust away. I don't really care what it would look like, just keep it from rusting more.

No comments: