Monday, June 16, 2008

Dirge of the Morning

What do you do when you wake up at 3:00 AM? What do you do at 4:00? At 5:00? At 3:00, I tried to get back into my dream. When that didn't work, I put some music on my CD player which is conveniently located near my head so I can play music and not inconvenience others. At 4:00 AM I listened to more music and then got up. It's 5:00 now and here I am. I'll wait until 6 or so before going into the other part of the house. Today is the day I take my Foasmax, which is the medicine I take for osteoporosis. I can't eat anything until 30 min. has past and I am hungry when I get up. This way, I'll take the medicine before I normally get up and will fool my stomach! Ha-ha!

Today, at 8:30 AM I'll go to the exercises at the Senior Ctr. Actually, I'll probably go a bit early so I can walk around the gym. I wanted to take the truck to get the air conditioning fixed, but Frank thinks you need to be the first one there so they can get right to the truck, so he suggested I wait until Tuesday to do it, which I probably will.

Frankie and his family will be coming the week-end of the 4th of July. They'll come Friday and leave Sun afternoon. The worst part will be the feeding of all 6 of them. Do they eat beans??? I haven't cooked in so long, I dread the thought. Maybe I can go to Sam's and buy some already cooked food. Kayla can't eat anything with wheat and I don't know about any other diet restrictions except Rachel is allergic to pork. I'll call Rachel and talk with her about what to buy and fix.

Mary Kate and the kids will come the Sun. that Frankie leaves. She will stay until Friday. She's no problem to cook for. We'll just go to the grocery store and buy what we want. Week after this week, Sadie is coming over while Trudy goes to Girl's Camp. Sadie will be old enough to go next year, so she's looking forward to it. Sadie won't be any problem to feed. I'll just take her grocery shopping and she can pick out what she wants.

Girl's Camp is a great experience. The years I went, 1st as a camp director and later as the Young Women's Leader, we slept in tents and cooked on camp stoves. Had portable out houses. Now they have permanent cabins. (that's cheating a far as I'm concerned....!). It's still a great experience in the heat of the summer, amidst all the bugs and snakes and creepy crawlers!
You can tell I liked all of the above. There's nothing like getting back to nature. I'm probably too old for it right now, but I loved it back then. I bet I went to Girl's Camp for 8 years straight.

It's 5:40 AM now and I can't think of anything else to say. Next time I see my Dr. I'll get some pills that keep me asleep all night. I don't need to make any more cards so I guess I'll go back to bed and read. Hope to have a good day today regardless of the time I got up!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I'm carrying on your tradition of making egg crackle at camp! Everyone loves it! Yes, I think we are cheating too, by sleeping in cabins and having real showeres antoilets, but I'm so thankful as a leader to have these things! Thanks for letting Sadie come over. She loves being with you!