Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

We had a nice quiet Memorial Day. There was nothing planned. I had a piano lesson at 10 and I cooked after lunch. I had to peal 2 sweet potatoes and dice them up (Ugh), cut up some chicken breasts, celery, carrots, can of stewed tomatoes and one cup of broth. I didn't put all the seasonings in for it called for cinnamon and Frank would have tasted that for sure. I cooked it in the crock pot and it didn't get done all the way. The chicken was done but the veggies were a little crunchy. I won't make that recipe again.

We watched the news, read the scriptures and got ready for bed. I've started a new book that's a continuation of the last book-with the same characters but different plot. It's enjoyable reading.

Tomorrow I will have to go over the exercises I will be leading at the senior center. It's been a while since I've done them and I'll forget them I'm sure. I'll be glad when that 45 minutes is over.

Frank's blood sugar has been well under 180. He still thinks he only needs to check it once a day. When we see Dr Walker, he'll tell him. He doesn't like to stick his finger. His memory is still failing him. We see the neurologist in two days. I expect the outcome will be the same.

No comments: