Saturday, May 25, 2013

Just a Saturday

I've been bothered by Frank's condition, so I slept in as long as I could before I got up. We had Chili Mac I made yesterday for lunch. I washed some clothes and practiced the piano. The choir sings at church tomorrow but we don't have to be there early. I read some this afternoon to hasten time. I have a good book now and I enjoy reading. The first book by this author wasn't good but this one is.

I cooked some pork meatballs I got at the grocery store and they were too salty. I'll need to just make my own meatballs from now on. Frank said I could mix the meatballs with the rice and the rice would take away some of the saltiness. That's what we'll have for lunch tomorrow.

I spent a good part of the evening writing a letter to one of my grandchildren. This one is sort of wobbly in the gospel and I wanted to encourage them with a letter. They may not appreciate it, I don't know, but I can't sit still when one of my own is headed for trouble.

I got three packages in the mail today. One was from the American Diabetic Association and it had a book in it and a plate divider. I will put the plate divider on the dinner plate and fill up the sections according to the guidelines and I'll be able to get the right proportions that way. The other two packages contained blouses I had ordered online. One was just what I wanted and the other one was so-so, but it only cost $8.99 so I will keep it. It was a midi blouse and I didn't realize it was going to have a sailor collar on it. I love ordering online.

No comments: