Thursday, May 9, 2013

Double Whammy

We went to see the neurologist today and found out that Frank has the beginnings of dementia. It's come on rather quickly within the last 5 months. Dr Boyer prescribed some medicine for him. It wouldn't restore his memory but would slow the process down. That and the diabetes is quite a bit to digest in a short period of time.

Next week, I will go to the hospital at 8 AM for the diabetic clinic and it will end at 3 PM. I'll see if Trudy can go along with me.

I practiced the piano. The gas stove was "breathing" so I cut if off. The air conditioner was running and we didn't need the heat on.

I'll go to exercise tomorrow and then home for piano lessons. I only have one piano lesson but Alita may come for a ukulele lesson. The ukelele was having a hard time keeping the pitch and last week I kept having to tune the strings during the lesson. Maybe the strings have gotten stretched and will do better this week. Monday, the piano tuner is coming to fix the middle C on my piano and tune it too. Don't know how much it will be but it needs fixing. A new piano is about $3600.00 or more so that is out. I love my piano and have had it since 1964. It was bought new for me by my mother. It's served me well over the years. 

Poor Frank. Having diabetes and dementia dumped on him all in two weeks. I think we're both in shock. We'll get through this.

No comments: