Thursday, May 16, 2013

H'ville Again

I left the house this morning to be at the Apple store by 10 AM. Trudy was supposed to meet me there but she called and said her back was hurting her too much to come. I carried the laptop to the store. It's at Bridge St. and I had to walk a bit. Turns out in order to re-set the password, Frank has to call an Apple number by phone. I was tired when I got back to my car, for my right leg was hurting, but I decided to rough it and go to Sear's.

Sear's was having lots of sales and I got two nice skirts. One is black with white dotes on it and the other one is the same style but is multicolored. I also got a black blazer. I have one ordered from Land's End and if I like it better, I can return the one I got today to Sear's. The skirts are shorter than the long ones I have and I like that.

I got home and had to collect the trash and put it in the trash can and take it out for the boys to take out for me.

Cooking three meals a day has me on my toes. Breakfast is easy. It's usually oatmeal but I have to have a protein for lunch and dinner and that means that I have to thaw the meat out in the morning. I can't wait until 4:40 PM to think about supper! So far the meals that I have been cooking have been good for Frank's diabetes. I read that he should keep his sugar under 180 and so far he's been able to do that. I'll learn a lot more when I go to the diabetic class. The  diet is good for me, too. I do mess up by having a Coke a day. I can't drink diet Coke because I'm allergic to aspartame. I have no desire for refined sugars or flours. I'm sure I could be tempted with some ice cream but I don't keep any at the house, so I'm not tempted.

No comments: