Thursday, November 1, 2012

Travel

Today I took the birds to Hartselle to see Doc Jan. I got there 10 minutes early and had to wait and then was put in a room and had to wait 65 minutes. Doc Jan takes as long as she needs with each patient and she even made a phone call while we were waiting! The bird all got trims. It cost $149.-- It costs more when you have more than one pet. She's worth every cent. I also got some more medicine to put in Rikki's water. Her tumor is slow growing and Rikki seems to be in good spirits and feeling fine. It will take her life, eventually. Gert was 24 years old in 1987 or 1997 so he's well into his 30's. He and Rosko has a wheeze so we need to mist them once a day. I'm to blame for not spraying Gert for I have to do it in his cage and it makes such a mess. Just a light misting each day won't be so bad, so I can do that.

I haven't decided whether to stop taking Arthrotec before I see Dr. Alexander tomorrow. If I do, I'll probably hurt a lot and it would be good for him to see me in pain. I want to see what the x-rays show. It's probably arthritis in the right hip. The Arthrotec has been hiding the hip pain, and a lot of age related pain-haha.

After I got the birds back home and had lunch, I went back out and had the car washed. It was a mess and I don't like driving a really messy car. The price went up from $5.00 to $6.00 for a basic wash.

No comments: