Friday, November 2, 2012

My Dr Appointment

Saw Dr. Alexander today and got x-rays of my hip and back. They came with bad news. I have some degeneration in my lower back which doesn't hurt much, but my right hip is bone on bone. Arthrotec must be a powerful drug, for it masked the hip pain I should have been having all along the time my hip was wearing away. I scheduled a hip replacement for Dec. 13, 1012 at 2 PM at Crestwood Hospital. I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks and that will kill me-ha. I can still take the Arthrotec until 10 days prior to the surgery. I was going to feed Karen's cats while she was away in Dec., but I won't be able to do it now. I won't be able to play the Christmas music for the choir. I hope I'll be able to go see Forrest's Court of Honor, December 21st.

I registered for a cancer walk/run tomorrow at 10 AM. I stopped by and got a packet today. I had stopped taking Arthrotec for my Dr. visit but took it when I got home. I don't think my hip will keep me from walking.

I'll have to stop leading the exercise class Dec. 12th. I don't know when I will be able to return.

No comments: