Monday, November 12, 2012

What A Day

This morning I ate some prepared oatmeal and then went back to bed because it was a holiday and the senior center wasn't open. I realized that Frank hadn't eaten breakfast with me and went in to find that he had a fever. I gave his some Tylenol and went back to bed. He acted okay but then I heard a crash and he called out to me. He had fallen and was lying on the floor of his bedroom. I couldn't get him up so I called our Home Teacher, Bob, and asked him to come over and help me, but Frank was able to get up by himself and get to the bathroom. I called Bob and told him not to come. I then realized that Frank hadn't taken his AM meds so I had to give them to him. He wasn't out of his mind so he took them and slept until 1 o'clock when the TV man came to see about the TV. Frank had to get up to talk to him and later stayed on his living room bed. He had a rough day. Tomorrow should be better, I hope, because I'm going to Trudy's to take her some genealogy she's been wanting. I hope he's better because I really want to get out tomorrow.

I cooked a pot of beef goulash and baked a turkey roast. We were out of cooked food. I microwaved the frozen ground beef and went from there. The turkey roast cooked for 2 1/2 hours. It was a nice meal. We had potatoes and cauliflower and had the roast gravy on the potatoes.

Yesterday, I read a couple of hours in the Calling All Cooks recipe book looking for something I could take to Trudy's for Thanksgiving. A lot of recipes called for cream soups and Mary Kate can't eat anything creamed like that. The recipes took a lot to time to prepare and cook. That was a cookbook that was made when women stayed home and cooked for their families-mostly from scratch, no prepared foods. I plan to make a succotash dish that has half and half in it, but I'll make a plain dish too so Mary Kate can have some.

No comments: