Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday Things

I used the new music at the senior center today. "What Cats Like When You're Gone". It is mainly modern piano music with some bird sounds, etc. in it. I liked it and the exercises went along nicely with it. We won't be having exercise Friday. Everyone's invited to the Event Center for something.
Regina asked me what the exercises needed and I told her stretchy bands and some 2-3 lb weights. I'll have to ask Janet about how to use the weights but they will be a good addition to our equipment.

After exercises, I came home and got the grocery list and went back into town and went to Walmart. I bought some Pj's. They're fleece and they are very light and hopefully it'll get cold enough to wear them. I have to take up the length of the pants and the sleeves of the shirt. I bought three powdered milks for we are getting low on our supply of milk. They are about $17.68 a 20 qt. box.

I fixed the succotash recipe this afternoon. It called for two slices of bacon to be cut up and cooked crispy. The bag of corn and the bag of butter beans, the 3/4 c. of half and half and bacon made a large dish of succotash. It was good. I guess I'll cook some broccoli and cauliflower to take along with the succotash for Thanksgiving. We've having the feast on Saturday instead of Turkey day.

I have been wanting a new pair of bedroom slippers and bought a pair at Walmart but would like something more substantial. I ordered a pair online from Kohl's and they came in today. They are the adjustable kind with Velcro on the tops but the inside of the overlap on one of the slippers dug into my toes, so they will go back. I'll just have to keep looking. I got my last slippers at The Shoe Dept.

No comments: