Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Is A Special Day

...it's the day we get ready for Sunday...

I left the house this morning near 9:30 to go to the Fitness Park to participate in the 1st annual Sherri Adams Pink Ribbon Run/Walk. The runners were finishing the race and around 10:00 the cancer survivors walked around the fitness park. There were a lot of people there and they cheered the survivors as we walked around the park. Afterwards, I went by the Salvation Army to leave some clothes and a magazine stand. I went to Walmart for a tarp to put in my trunk. While I was getting a bale of straw into my trunk, I slammed the trunk down too hard and now it leaks. I'll take it to the Honda place in H'ville and get it fixed next week.

I'm trying to get used to the fact that I'm having my hip replaced December 13th. I'm reading the material the Dr's office gave me. I'm most worried about the hip popping out. I've got to be able to sit in a car. I want to go to Forrest's Court of Honor December 21st but that's only 8 days after the operation and I may not be able to do it.

I had several friends comment on Facebook and give me encouragement. That was nice. I just wrote, "Bad news. I have to have my right hip replaced December 13". I don't usually write anything but I needed to write that.

I got two new pair of jeans I ordered from Kohl's. I went by my measurements  and the size fit. They look and feel good. They are Lee jeans and cost $37.00 a pair. It surely is nice to buy things online and not have the hassle of going to the stores and trying on everything. Don't get me wrong-I still love to shop, but it's nice to get the right size online. I even know what shoe size to order and get the right fit.

No comments: