Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

I arrived at Trudy's at 10:30 AM. Mary Kate and Richard and kids were already there, having arrived the night before. I brought two casseroles and some blankets and my pillow, which I forgot and left there today!

Mary Kate had her dressing made and Trudy made her homemade cranberry sauce and we made some yams and marshmallows. The bird was cooked overnight and was ready. Trudy also made some pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. The meal was very good. We just sat around afterwards and communed with each other. Sadie, M.K., Sophia and I did walk down the road and around for some exercise. We went to bed at 10:00 PM. 

We went shopping Black Friday at 9:00 AM. We went to Toys R Us and the crowds were great and the line to check out was very long, so we went next door to Books A Million and Mary Kate got a couple of games for the kids. Next we went to Penny's. I wanted a new purse. The store was full of people but there were great deals on purses! I got two of them, in fact! I bought some socks and a flash light for Frank and that's all I bought.

I hung around a while after we got back to Trudy's. She had gone coupon shopping and had gotten some great deals, but then it was time for me to go home. The Auburn-Alabama game was on and I listened to it on the radio and Dad had the game on when I came in. Auburn won by 1 point! They will probably be the SEC champions. We had left over turkey trimmings for supper.  It was good being with family.

No comments: