Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Again

I drove today because Bro. Decker had choir practice and they were going at 8:30 AM and I didn't want to go that early. We had a lot of music in the service today and Bishop Harris sang "O Holy Night" like he does each Christmas. This year Shelly helped with the singing. Young sister Huges played a rendition of Silent Night on the piano and the choir sang plus the congregational singing. It was nice. Primary went well too. I must practice the piano more. I need to connect it to when I go down to ride the bike and when I do laundry. Playing a little bit each day wouldn't bore me and surely would help.

Frankie has an e-mail for us when he get around to writing it. I've been worried about him and this e-mail should confirm or negate my worrying.

Forrest is coming over to spend the night with us. It seems that any student that gets a grade of 65 doesn't have to take the exams. Trudy has to substitute tomorrow and didn't want to leave him home alone. It's after 6:00 PM now so that doesn't leave much time for tonight. Tomorrow, after lunch, we'll go grocery shopping.

January 2, Ruth and I are going to B'ham to a concert of the Sub Siberian Orchestra. We'll leave her house about 11:00 AM and eat lunch out and then she knows the way to the parking garage and then we have to walk a bit to get to our seats. We're thinking about taking ear plugs for the group is supposed to be loud! I'll ask Forrest if he knows anything about them. Some of Ruth's children are familiar with them and like them. Time will tell!

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

The trans siberian orchestra is awesome!!! I love their show. I don't remember it being "too" loud but it is amazing for the eyes.. full of lasers, lights, smoke, and fire! the lady on the electric violin is awesome!!! I hope you enjoy it. Wish I was going this year. :)