Friday, November 21, 2008

Typical Friday

Went of exercise class and then on to Walmart for some groceries. I got home about 11:00 AM.
I made a pot of veggie soup. After we got back from Huntsville, I had a bowl and found out what it needs. I need to put some meat in it and a lot more veggies. I had to put the soup in three containers. I should have used a smaller pot. The bigger the pot, the more soup I make.

The neighbor boys forgot to take our trash out for us so Dad was out at 9:00 PM toting the trash can to the road. He tried to use the truck to drive the trash out but the battery was dead. I'll get a new one tomorrow or Monday. It seems like all our old trucks had bad batteries. Maybe, they weren't driven enough to keep the battery charged. It's good that Frank can still do stuff like taking care of the batteries. I can't see me undoing a heavy battery and taking it from the truck! Dad wanted me to learn how to change the oil in one of our cars years ago. I told him as long as there was a man alive on the earth, I would not be changing my own oil!

In Key West, soon after we were married, he looked under our bed and saw dust. He said I should sweep under the bed. Well, I told him when he started sleeping under the bed, I would sweep there. I'll take care of the dust I can see, but if it's hidden or over my head, I don't go looking for it!

It's been a busy day. Whew! I'm tired. It's going to go down to 17 degrees tonight and I bet I'll turn on my electric blanket. I might not go to sleep with it on, but some time during the night, I'll get cold and turn it on in my sleep.

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

You're so fun. The dust comment made me smile! :)