Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Test Day

Dad had to get up at 5 AM to eat something and take his meds. I got up at 7 AM and got dressed and put on make-up and did my hair and got ready to roll. We got to vote about 10:30 AM. We used to vote at the Blackburn Community Center but we got notice that we were to vote at the Blackburn First Baptist church. I felt like we had been singled out to go else where, but noticed in passing that no one was voting at Blackburn. It was small and hard to get back onto the highway and now we have a better place to vote.

Tonight was Relief Society Enrichment night. Karen came by and got me. The food was great! Turkey and dressings, casseroles, jello salads, cakes and pies. All very yummy. Afterwards, we had a short lesson about becoming close to Christ. Next, they were making stockings and salt dough ornaments. Karen said she didn't need any more stuff like that in her house and I felt the same way, so we left. It was a fun time out. Tomorrow, we will go to a few stores to look around for a couple of hours. We don't want to get too tired because Thursday is Temple day.

I saw Jan Laytham tonight and told her I wouldn't be able to lead the exercise class. I'll take the book back to her tomorrow.

No comments: