Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nashville Was Good

We arrived at the Conference Center with about 20 minutes to spare and got good seats in the back. Some tall lady sat in front of Pat but I could see well. We ate lunch in the car in the parking garage and after that we sat in different seats. Then a tall blond sat in front of me and I couldn't see! I had money to buy things but I saw nothing I wanted to buy and the music didn't crank my tractor so I didn't spend any money.

The Spirit told me to go to the conference but it wasn't until the last 15 minutes that I found out why! I had gone to the bathroom and met Rachel Layton there and we talked for a while. Both of us wanted to go but it wasn't over. After we finished talking and
I went back to my seat, the woman that was talking said that we all know that the Atonement gets us back into God's presence but that we didn't utilize the Atonement in our every day lives. I needed to hear that and understand what it meant. It sure was a long conference to learn what I needed in the last 15 minutes. I guess I could have learned more if I hadn't spent so much time talking in the rest room but that's neither here are there. The trip home surely did seemed like a longer drive. Tammy McRainey sat in the front seat because she knew the way and her seat was back and I sat behind her and even my short, little legs were cramped! We were in Mary Lou's Kia, which is a small car anyway. But it was a fun trip and I'm glad I made it.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I'm so happy you were able to go mom. It was good that you got out and really good you were able to see Rachel! I can't wait for all of us to get togehter in the next coupple of weeks. I'm glad that you were able to learn in the last 15 minutes of the conference. I wished I could have gone. You will need to tell me about the talk about the handwriting, since we all use computers now to communicate-like I'm doing now! Rest up! I love you TJ