Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Sabboth Day

Church was good today. Primary was good and I think the children had a good time. We're in a slack time now with no new songs to learn to sing for next year's presentation. Sis. Decker has wonderful games for them to play with songs laced through them. It's fun for me to be in there!

We had a quiet day. I felt like taking a nap at one time but I was on the computer looking up knee replacement and rehab time. I've decided to do it but it will all hinge on how Dad's surgery goes and how long it will take for him to get well. Pain wise, I could go on without the replacement just yet but it has altered my way of life. I can't do any yard work and I can't do much walking ( not that I was in love with walking...but you have to walk to shop!!). Plus, the right knee is leaning over to the left knee so much that I'm afraid it might give way and I would fall to the ground! How embarrassing that would be! A poor old Granny falling flat on her face and probably foaming at the mouth by then...no, don't want that!

Mary Kate called while she was pet sitting. She and her family are okay. In January, Nate will play basketball and Sophia will be cheerleading. What family fun that will be! She said Trudy was doing well. Hopefully, even though she likes the hospital, she will be able to stay from it for a long time!

It's only 6:45 PM but it seems later. Must be the first day of "falling back" from Daylight Savings Time. I don't know but I woke up at 2:00 AM this morning and went downstairs and got some ice cream! How can I blame that on falling back...it seems like I fell off the wagon, instead. Oh, well. Will there be fat in heaven?

No comments: