Monday, November 3, 2008

A Good Monday

After having set all the clocks back one hour last night, I forgot to reset my alarm clock. So, at 6:00 AM it woke me up. I wanted to get up at 7:00 AM! I think we can fool with the clocks all we want to, but our bodies have to get used to the new time.

I made it to exercise this morning. It felt good to get back. Afterwards, I went to Walmart to get another pair of sunglasses that fit over my own glasses and I found two pair of earrings I couldn't live without! I need another jewelery box-I already have two and one is , I can't spell it, an armrouir. I'll have to give a lot of my jewelery to my granddaughters and daughters.

At 10:00 AM (which was the time the store opened up) I went to Merle Norman and got some make-up. I know it's the high priced spread (phrase from an old commerical) but it was nice to have someone to help me pick out the right color. I got some base and powder and some cream to take it all off with and then got a box of free products. All of this is perfume -free. I tried one of the night creams that was free and it had perfume in, so I had to take it off. I've been perfume free for so long that a product with perfume really overpowers me! I still had the wrinkles and scars but I hope I will have a nice made-up look when I'm wearing it.

I tried to crank the truck up today but the battery was dead. Frank has a battery charger and after a while connected to that, the truck roared to life! Ha-ha! A 1994 Chevy S-10 really roarers! I drove it down the road and back. We also had to put air in the tires. They all had about 20 lbs. in each tire. You can tell the truck hasn't been driven since May or June. That's when the air conditioner stopped working and we found out the compressor was broken and it would cost too much money to fix it. Since it's cooler now I can begin driving it once or twice or more a week. I like driving it because it is a small truck and has power steering. It doesn't look so good since there's rust all over the hood, but I still like to drive it. It's a truck and it does what a truck is supposed to do.

Tomorrow, Dad has the two tests to see if his cancer has spread. Hopefully, it hasn't. We know the procedure if it's contained, but don't know what will happen if it's spread. That may be Dad's ticket home. I need him too much to see him off right now.

No comments: