Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday

I got up early and after Frank went back to bed, I went shopping. I stopped by the bank and then went to Walmart for groceries. Mary Kate and Sophia are coming Friday night and I needed some more food.

I got another port pot roast kit and will prepare it Friday morning and it can cook on low all day. My brother called this morning saying it was supposed to rain tomorrow for the Fiddler's Convention but the forecast I heard said it would rain mainly this afternoon and tonight. Perhaps, by tomorrow afternoon it will be clear. I called Ruth and told her that if it was raining at their house, it didn't mean it could be raining here. She wants to go by a couple of stores and then we will meet at Arby's for lunch. I already got a ball cap for Frank and will get a good folding chair to take too. The Event Center is showing a Smithsonian exhibit about the way Limestone Co worked in the past and if it's raining, we could go see that. It will be a fun day, rain or shine.

I cooked a small blueberry cobbler today using gluten-free Bisquick and Splenda. I've never cooked with Splenda, just used it in my cereal. Can't wait 'till it cools off so I can taste it. I have a recipe that calls for 2 bananas, 1 cup of oatmeal and a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Oh, and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mary Kate is gluten sensitive but she could eat these cookies. Sawdust and chocolate chips would taste good.

I ordered 4 CD's of Appalachian folk music. The other folk music I ordered is really, old time country music and not very interesting to listen too, although I listened to all 3 CD's. I also bought a CD case that would hold 120 CD's. I have two cases that are mostly full of various kinds of music and  really need another for all the new CD's I've been buying. I bought a DC of the Kingston Trio. They mostly sang folk songs if I remember correctly. I bought a CD holder that goes in the car. It fits on the visor and they  are handy to have out in the open. I have my car CD's in the console and it's out of sight, out of mind.

No comments: