Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Called Off

I was dressed and ready to go to Relief Society tonight-I got dressed in the morning with what I was going to wear-when Karen called and said the meeting had been called off because of Bro Crosby's funeral tomorrow. Now, I have all of this beef barley soup in the freezer and we are eating on the other batch I made for us. I now have plenty of fixed food in the freezer. I have a big hen to put in the crock pot tomorrow and I have the funeral to go to. I've got to go by Dr Walker's lab and get my thyroid levels  checked again and then go by Walmart and get some Allegra D for Frank's allergies. I guess I'll do all of that after the funeral. Trudy will be coming over at 11 AM and I will go to the church around11:30 AM or a little later. I want to see the family and the funeral starts at 12:00 PM. Bro Crosby was a fine man and was a good example of Christian living. He was only 62 years old.  His 1st wife proceeded him in death and his 2nd wife was deported and lives somewhere in Mexico. His three kids and their families will be there and possibly others. LDS funerals are nice and the gospel is usually preached in them, except for Bro Mitchell's. He wrote his own eulogy. I want to do that but I don't know what to say. I will plan my funeral, too, and will have lots of music in it. I may have to consult the Bishop with my plans. This won't be anytime soon. Just something to think about.

I played in one of my songbooks this afternoon. They are love songs. If somebody loves you, it's no good unless they love you, all the way. Can't remember the name of that song, but I love it. I've got to practice it so I can put the feeling in it. It's really a neat book, and a big book. I have one of Gershwin's songbooks. I have a Peter, Paul, and Mary Anthology that I've read through. There's a lot of songs in that book I'm not familiar with. I've got plenty of music to keep my busy for quite a while. I've ordered more CD's too.

No comments: