Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lazy Day

We didn't have to go any where today so we slept in. I got another order from Amazon. It was "The Great American Songbook, The Composers", Music and lyrics for 100 standards from the golden age of American song. I went through it and smoothed all of the 416 pages flat so it will be easier to read from at the piano. I'm familiar with most of the songs and will enjoy playing them. I don't remember the name of the other music books other than a family song book that has a variety of songs in them.

Tomorrow will be exercise and maybe I can get a hair cut. It's not long in the back but on top and the sides. I've enjoyed having it over my ears and will ask Kari to leave it that way. She usually cuts it too short, but it always grows. I've known her since she was in high school and love her like family, so I keep going to her for hair cuts.

I've decided to get new rugs for the downstairs, just runners. I looked on Amazon but they didn't have the size I needed so I'll go to Walmart or Lowe's. Since I got a new quilt for the bed, I want the other parts of the room to look good.

I get a lot of catalogs in the mail and I order from them from time to time and ordered a spin mop from one of them this morning. Then I got on Amazon and found the spin mop and ordered it and canceled the one from the catalog. Amazon will get it to me sooner. I can't ring out a mop any more and the spin mop looks just right. I'd like to mop the downstairs bedroom and maybe over by the washing machine. I love ordering things from Amazon because we have prime membership and I get things in two days. I've even had deliveries on Sundays which I don't want and have to be careful when I order stuff so I won't be getting anything on Sundays.

I have two CD's coming in tomorrow. It's some old Joan Baez songs. I remember when I first heard her sing and her voice was so beautiful and the songs she was singing were English folk songs . I was in college then. I don't care for her activist songs and I don't care for her politics.

We have 30 CD's in our new CD holder. Many of them are rock and roll songs, some country and other kinds of music. Now I need one for the CD's I play in my room at night. I fall asleep listening to the radio or music from the CD player.

No comments: