Monday, October 20, 2014

Soup Time

Went to exercise with Dad and enjoyed it. Then had to go to Walmart to get some soup fixings. Tomorrow night is Relief Society and we need to bring a soup. I got some barley and some lean ground beef and some mixed frozen veggies and some garlic. I had the rest of the ingredients. It called for 1/2 lb of ground beef and I decided to make a double batch so we could have some too. One recipe called for 5 cups of water and I put in 10 cups. I had to go to the Dollar General to buy some containers large enough to put it all in. I have a big hen thawing that I will have to cook Wednesday when Trudy comes over. Some of the food will have to go in the freezer for I'm running out of room in the refrigerator.

Maybe tomorrow I'll clean downstairs. It's not too dirty for I just cleaned it for Frankie's visit. I do need to use the new spin mop. I have a little vacuum I can use instead of just sweeping.

The trees are starting to turn colors. The Dogwoods are really pretty. Our colors don't get as vibrant as the colors up North do but it's nice to see what we do have. It was 43 degrees this morning when we left for exercise and we wore light wraps but by 9:15 AM we didn't need the jackets at all.

No comments: