Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday

After exercise, we drove to Madison to Khol's. I had $20.00 Khol's Cash and I wanted to buy a blanket for my bed. It cost $39.99 on sale so I got it for $21.00. I didn't get the color I wanted but it's a nice soft blanket and I think I'll enjoy it. We drove back home and later went to the pharmacy to pick up some meds and some Allegra D for Frank's allergies. It takes an act of Congress to buy Allegra D because you can make meth with it. We came home and I made a pot of goulash.

I'm using fresh ground turkey instead of the ground turkey in the small rolled packages and there is no liquid to pour off. I like that for with the rolled packages I would have almost a soup can of juice to siphon off and discard. I finished the pumpkin chili I had made. It was made with 2 pounds of ground pork. Not a lot of fat there either. I will make it again for Trudy when she needs some food. The Relief Society sisters are still bringing her food every other night. It had a can of pumpkin in it and some pumpkin pie spice too. I could taste the pumpkin but if I had put the chili spice in it, maybe you couldn't taste the pumpkin. It wasn't a bad taste, just an unusual one.

Trudy is going to pick up her Rx at the Pain Clinic and she'll pick up Frank's too and we will go up and eat lunch with her Thursday.

I gave the two small goal bears that Nutrisystem sent me to Mary Kate and her small dog, Athena, has taken up with it. She'll go get it when they come in the house and hold it in her mouth for hours. She's chewed the nose off of it, she does that the first thing. I don't know if Obie likes the other bear or not.

No comments: