Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday

Didn't feel like writing last night. Today was a good day. Jennifer suggested I have her come at 8 AM until 12 PM and I think I'll do that. She came at 7:30 AM today and I didn't leave until 8:10 AM. I skipped exercise and drove to Madison and sat in the car until Kohl's opened at 9 AM. I had a 15% off coupon and I wanted to get two more pair of Capri's so I wouldn't have to wear last years stuff. I've gained some weight and last years were a bit snug so I had a reason to buy more for this year. I like Lee products but they weren't on sale. I looked around but didn't feel impressed to buy anything else. I wore a new shirt I got at Goody's Monday and a necklace, silver, with a lot of bling and a pair of silver earrings. Since I don't go to church anymore I might as well wear the jewelery any day I want. I don't go to church because Frank wants me to stay home with him. I would be staying home with him anyway so I can look after him. It's not because I don't want to go to church anymore. I would love to go but I have to care for him now.

The Boy Scouts are selling mulch. It cost $56.00 a yard and one yard is about 13.5 bags. I don't know how much I need but I guess about 2 yards. Since I don't do any yard work anymore, the space between the house and walk and around the shrubs looks pretty bad. I can support the Scouts and get them to do some yard work for me too. I have several pots of dirt that need emptying and some sprouts that need pruning. I may prune the sprouts myself, who knows. I have some weed killer that I need to spray if I can figure out how to work the container. Oh, to be young and smart again! The older I get, the stupider I get.

The ramp needs painting again. The nice paint job we did on it last year has peeled off. It was raw wood and may have been treated wood because the paint has peeled off. Martin said he would do it but I don't know if he realizes that it needs sanding or not. It's been too wet to paint now anyway.

I still want the downed trees taken care of. I need to get a number to call and see if the man wants the wood. The trees are tall and straight. It would be good fire wood if nothing else-all 21 trees.

No comments: