Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rain Again

It poured down yesterday and it's thundering again now. Steve came to mow our grass and just finished before the rain. He had his son and grandson with him. They finished in record time. I guess the downed trees in the yard makes less yard to mow.

Didn't do much today. Washed two loads and Dad and I went to the pharmacy and then later I went to General Dollar and bought some mile and snacks.

I've got to give up drinking Cokes. I read where there's about 6 teaspoons of sugar in each 12 oz and I usually get the large fountain drink which is the equivalent to two 12 oz sizes. It's my comfort food and I hate to give it up but I'm out growing my clothes! And I know it's the Coke for I'm not eating any differently.

I sent a form into the Scout master for some mulch for around the house. I got two yards which may be too much but they can put it on thick.

I had my car washed and detailed and waxed this morning. The fellow came to the house and did it here. It was $65.00 which I thought was a good price. I asked about how often I should have it done and he didn't give me a definite answer but I gathered about every 3 months since it sits out in the weather all year round. He said not to use any dish detergent to wash the car with or it would take the wax off. Little did he know that I wasn't going to ever wash the car! I guess taking it through the car wash would take the wax off too. He said he would come and wash it and it would cost $25.00. Maybe that was vacuuming out the inside, too. I will definitely use his services again. He said he had another waxing where he put on three coats of wax and that cost $85.00. Maybe that's what an 8 year old finish needs, I don't know. He did a good job and worked hard. The car looks good and the inside is very clean.

Trudy is going to call around to other tree services. There is lighting, I'd better shut this machine off.

No comments: