Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday

I went to exercise even though I could only stay for 20 minutes. I had to be at Pep Boys at 9 AM to get the new tires put on my car. I waited an hour and then in came Tommy Parrish and his grandson. I haven't seen Tommy in years so we (he) talked for the rest of the time I had until my car was ready. It was good seeing him again. Time was running out to get  home by 12 PM and I stopped by Dollar General next to Pep Boys and got some milk and pork rinds. I hurried to the PO to take a package to mail and then came home. Jennifer had clocked out but had waited 5 minutes until I came home. It was Frank's 68th birthday today and Jenn brought him a chocolate cake and a nice mag flashlight. He got 4 cards and then got one from his sister, Mary, today. Trudy is going to fix him something tomorrow when she comes over. She was coming over tonight but had the AT&T guys at her house all day hooking up cable TV, internet and something else. She'll be over in the morning. She wants to cook a corned beef and cabbage for Sadie's birthday dinner over here and then take it home.

The car feels like it runs on velvet now with the new tires. It cost $512.00 and I get a rebate on them so it will be cheaper. I like to go to Pep Boys. They treat me nice and they seem to be able to fix anything.

 I ordered some colored pencils and an art board and a book about how to use the colored pencils tonight on Amazon. I've got to review the things I've learned in my other art book before I do another lesson. I'm slow but maybe I'll get there and be able to improve my skill in drawing. I got a kids book on how to draw cartoon animals and one on how to draw birds.

No comments: