Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday Things

Went to exercise which started at 8:30 AM 'til 9:15 AM and was home by 9:45 AM. Trudy wasn't coming over until later so I went to Walmart to buy some groceries. My refrigerator is full now and I can't cook the sweet potatoes that I planned to cook tomorrow. We'll finish off some veggies that are in the frig and that will make more room.

Trudy and George are going to Nashville this afternoon to see if they can find Trudy a car. After she wrecked her other one, she has been without a car to drive. I hope they find a good one for her to drive. She said she would come over tomorrow. I hope so or I will have to cut Frank's hair and beard. It's no biggie but it's nice to have someone else to cut it.

I found a good plumber. Frank's toilet over flowed three times last night-he kept flushing and it kept running so we needed a plumber. Mr Rooter charges $100.00 a service call and I got this man's name from the want ads. He unstopped the toilet and then didn't charge us the $70.00 fee and gave us a card that said we would get a $25.00 discount on the next time we needed him. I thought that was nice and it's good to know a good plumber when you need one.

I have the name of two people to come and look at the gutter on the South side of the house. I hope it doesn't cost much to get it fixed. It would be nice if there wasn't anything bad wrong with it. I owe it to the neighbors to have it fixed for a narrow piece of metal is hanging down from the gutter.

We have been having a lot of rain and storms lately. The wind blow so fiercely that I'm afraid something else will blow away. The farmers and gardeners are proud of all the rain. I sent a form off to the Scout Master to have the Scouts come and mulch around the house. Then maybe I can have them help me pull the Virginia Creeper from around the Iris around the bird bath. It's gone to pot since I don't do any yard work anymore. 

No comments: