Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another Slow Day

Trudy came over around lunch time. I got her to help me find what to do with some thin chicken breasts I had thawed. We breaded them with some Italian seasoning and fried them. They turned out good and we had them for lunch and supper tonight. This afternoon I made some goulash with 2 lbs of ground turkey meat. It's my meat of choice because it has very little fat. It has a lot of juice that I have to drain off but I would have grease if I was cooking with hamburger. Trudy worked on the computer helping Sadie with some material she has to do for the Faith Walk at girl's camp. The Young Women's leader is coming over to help Sadie get things organized but it's a big assignment for her. This will be her last girl's camp.  She'll be 18 yrs old next year and she may can go as a helper or something. Trudy couldn't spend the night but will be back over Monday to stay the night.

I haven't drawn anything. I got a drawing board for my paper and a book about color pencils. I think I've gotten too far over my head with the colored pencils. I just need to learn to draw. There's the fear of failure in me somewhere. What's there to fear? How can I fail at developing my skill in drawing? I think it's just my lazy mind. You loose what you don't use. Speaking of that, I need to start playing the piano again. Since I don't have any reason to play, like the choir, I don't play. I NEED to do a lot of things.

I have an appointment at the consignment store tomorrow to take in more clothes. I have a white coat that will probably be sent back for being too heavy. It's a Spring or Winter jacket I bet. The rest of the clothes should be accepted.  I will have to look around at all of the stuff that's in the store. I've just glanced around before. It's like I need something!

No comments: