Monday, June 9, 2014

VA

I needed to go to the VA office and choose to go to the one in Athens instead of H'ville. I waited two hours to see Mr. Davis and within 10 minutes I was through. I got a form to take to the Dr and I think I had had that form filled out already. It seems like the man who helped me in the H'ville office hadn't put it all in the computer so the man in Athens could access it. When I get the form from the Dr, I will go to the VA office and get in the waiting room 45 minutes early. There was one other man in front of me today but it took him two hours to get his business done.

I went by Consign World and made an appointment to be interviewed and bring my stuff by. They will look at it and see if it is worthy of consigning. At first, after reading all the rules, I thought I would skip it, but I have 4-5 like new purses that are name brand that I need to sell, in fact one of the purses has never been used. I have a dress and several tops that they will accept, I believe. They had a list of clothes that they wouldn't accept but mine were bought at Goody's or Khol's and their brand names weren't on the list. I guess I can consign one time and see if it's something I like to do. I enjoy going in the consignment stores and looking around. I bought a silver necklace and earrings today and the other day bought a large bag that will be my luggage when I go visit Mary Kate.

Mary Kate buys things at CVS and seems to get bargains, so I looked at the Sunday flier for CVS and made a list of things I wanted. Boy, it wasn't a bargain! I spent quite a bit there on stuff I might not have bought had I gone to Walmart. Live and learn.

Safelite came and replaced my windshield on the Accord today. The car is 8 years old but still runs well. A rock flew up and cracked the windshield and it ran. The crack was about 8" long. I look forward to driving with a new windshield. The car still has great pick up and I have trouble going the speed limit. I need new covers for the head lights for one has gotten fogged up and I want to keep it looking as good as possible. It needs new hub caps but that's too big a job for me. It'll be the last car I have unless it gets in a wreck. It's got about 155,000 miles on it but it's Honda and should keep going for a long while longer.

No comments: