Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Got Interesting in the PM

This morning was slow. We got up early again and went back to sleep after breakfast. Frank went to his room but I had already made up my bed so I thought I wouldn't go back to sleep. I reclined in the recliner and sure enough went to sleep and didn't wake up until 10 AM. Don't remember what I did until lunch time.

Trudy came over around 1 PM. She brought over some split pea and chicken soup she had made and she had a corned beef and a cabbage she wanted to cook for Sadie's birthday dinner. Sadie's birthday was last week but I guess they were just now getting around to celebrating it. She figured how to use my Kindle Paperwhite I had had for months and didn't know how to use. I need a hard copy of a book to read to figure out how to use these electronics. I don't do so well when the instructions are printed on the device. Anyway, I think I know how to use it to read my present book. She downloaded a Kindle app that lets me read my Kindle books on my iPad. I probably won't ever read on the iPad because the Kindle fits right into my hand and isn't very heavy.

I got my new tire rebate registered with Pep Boys. I'll get a $70.00 something rebate from them.

Kohl's is having another sale tomorrow and I might just have to go to Madison to see if there is anything I just have to have. I still have the 30% off coupon that I can use. This Friday, I have an appointment to take some more clothes by the consignment store.

We have to get the wheel chair ramp painted again this year. The wood must have been treated wood for George and Sadie painted it last year but the paint has pealed and worn off this year. I know a painter. The man who fixed the gutters said he could paint. The shed needs painting, too. The front doors need scraping. I can get an estimate on that.

No comments: