Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm a Consigner

Trudy came over last night so she would be ready to go with me to the consignment store. We talked that night and the next morning we left the house at 8 AM to go to her  house to get her medications since she was going to visit Mary Kate this afternoon.

We drove into H'ville and left some clothes at a lady's house and then we went to Jo-Ann's and Trudy got two books, one of which is a journal. She loves journaling. I had an appointment at the Consign World to bring in my clothes at 11 AM so we leisurely drove back to Athens to the store. I had a bunch of clothes. They accepted everything except a skirt I had pulled the waist string out of and two items that would sell better in the winter so I'll take them back then. The clothes will stay there 3 months and then I will have to go get them or they will belong to the store. They accepted 2-3 pair of Land's End pants with a 25" inseam. I didn't know if they would take the pants for such a short person! I guess I'm not the only one under 5' in town. I paid a one time fee of $15.00 and now I have a place to take my clothes that are too good to give away but I don't want anymore. They didn't have anything to fit me. There were pant suits in an XL but no blouses that I liked. They said come back soon that they have new stuff coming in all the time. I need to take time to look at the other things they have there too-household goods, etc.  They take mostly name brands and won't take any Walmart brands and a lot of other brands that I never heard of.

Last week we had to call the plumber to get Frank's toilet unstopped. Today it stopped up again. We went out for an ice cream-we went to Chick-fil-a and I had two children's toys that you get with a child's meal that I traded in for 2 cones. We were right by Lowe's so we went in and bought a plumber's snake. Got home and couldn't use it the right way and called for help. The first person we called, our go to man, Martin, was in Nashville. The second one, our home teacher, Bob, had his phone off, and the third one, Bobby, our next door neighbor, came to the rescue. He just plunged it good and it worked. The water flows high but it will still flush. Thank heavens we got that fixed.

Trudy left for LaGrange at 12:15 PM our time. She gains an hour into Georgia. Her back hurts her so much that she has to sit with one foot up on the seat. She's seeing a therapist and is experiencing a lot of emotional pain, too, so she's having a hard time. She got a tattoo on the inside of her left wrist and most of her family was upset with her. She wants another one on the other wrist but I hope she doesn't get it. One tattoo is enough for anyone.

No comments: