Friday, June 6, 2014

Thrusday-Friday

I didn't blog last night because I didn't think I had done anything yesterday. I was wrong. Frank and I took the two birds down to see Doc Jan and get their wings and Rikki's beak clipped. Rikki goes into the carrier easily but we have to towel Gert. I was the one to do it and he got three good bites on my hands before I could get him into the carrier. One bled a bit. I'm glad I got him in because his feathers had grown long. They are both molting. We had a nice visit with Doc Jan. We've been seeing her since she opened her practice. The ride home was uneventful and the birds were glad to get back into their home cages. Rikki is a blue fronted Amazon and Gertie is a Yellow Collared Macaw. They both talk but Rikki talks the most. Doc Jan cut one of Gert's toenails too close and he's a bit lame today. She said it would be sore and he sits with it up instead of on the perch.

I went to exercise this morning and then to the Good Will store. I was looking for a tray for food and found a large plastic one that I got. I also got a small green vase and a black skirt. The last visit I got Frank a Jos. A. Banks shirt that was really nice.

I was killing time so I wouldn't get to Shelley's house too early. I did go by the Consign World store and found a large bag with handles and a shoulder strap that I can use to pack with when I go out of town. I don't have any luggage since I never go anywhere, but if I get to visit Mary Kate every two months or so, I need something to pack in. Luggage at Khol's was so expensive that I was glad to find this bag at Consign World. Maybe I should sign up there. It cost $15.00 to sign up and you get a discount on your purchases. I always have clothes that are too good to give away but I give them to the Salvation Army anyway. I have several purses that I could take there and some Sunday clothes I may never wear again, who knows. It would be a new experience for me.

I got to Shelley's house at 10:00 AM. I knew she had a morning routine with Jared and I didn't want to get there too early. I brought her the ukelele and a book to teach yourself the ukelele and 2 folk song books. Sometime in the Fall, she wants to record a CD for her first grandson. She was going to do Primary songs but I told her to do folk songs too. No one's education, in my opinion, is complete without knowing some basic folk songs, like I've Been Working on the Railroad, and Froggie Went a Courting, and the like. I loved those songs when I was a youngster and played the ukelele with my friend and sang. We had a fun time.


No comments: