Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vet Day

I took the birds down to Hartselle to for their check ups. Gert didn't go but I took a stool sample with me since the other two were going to get checked. Rosko and Rikki were fine but Gert's was a 4 plus on a 1-4 scale. That meant he's very sick. I came home and we got him into his carrier and I took him back to Hartselle to stay at the vet so they can give him medicine. We couldn't give him the medicine he needs so he had to stay at the vet. Dr Moore said it may be a week. Poor Gert! I knew he didn't look good for he is having a heavy molt plus he won't come out for a bath. A bath always makes his feathers look good. He's been eating well until today. He didn't eat a peanut I gave him. We had to wait until he got on top on his cage and we shut the door and then we got him in a towel and put him into his carrier. The next time the birds need to go to the vet, we'll just towel him and he'll go with Rikki and Rosko.

I've been counting calories and I haven't gone over 1,600 calories. My activity today was just 10 minutes on the bike. I was too tired from two round trips to Hartselle to do more. 

No comments: