Monday, September 12, 2011

Good Exercise

I got up at 6:30  AM again this morning so I would have enough time to feed the animals and get ready for the other activities of the day.  I taught at the Senior Center today and then went to Curves and then to Walmart. I needed some hamburger meet and bananas and some cereal. I forgot I had one lb. of meat in the freezer and made my chili with 100% TVP, beef flavored. It's not as tasty without some hamburger meat in it but it's just as nutritious being a soy protein.

The exercise class went well. I said I would be there Wednesday but Karen and I will be going to the Temple at 7AM. Betty said there would be someone to do it. Maybe I'll call Jan and see if she can come and do it. I enjoy Curves now too since I just do the two rounds and don't try to do 16 reps on all of the machines like I started out doing. I would be stronger if I did the reps but I like the easy pace of just doing the twice routine.

After scripture study, I came home and entertained Rikki while Frank cleaned the bird cages. We hooped and hollowed and had fun walking around the house. We have an apple each day around 3 PM that we share with the birds. We all enjoy this routine. Then we folded and stapled papers for Gert's cage. It won't be long 'til supper. I think I'm tired of eating the chili but I don't know what else to fix plus it is easy to cook one day and then eat leftovers the rest of the week!

The temperatures during the day are in the high 80's so it is getting cooler! Hopefully, we'll have a nice long Fall before the cold weather comes. There's always something to gripe about, isn't there!

1 comment:

NeverTrustASkinnyCook said...

Jan, I like to use leftover chili as a topping for a baked potato and also to make a pan of Mexican lasagna. I'm sure there are other good uses too, but those are my favorites.