Monday, September 5, 2011

Rain

The cloudy skies did indeed come from the storm in the Gulf. It started raining Sunday while we were at church and has rained all Sunday night and all of today and it's Monday night and it's still raining hard. We've already gotten 2" or more. It's good we're on high ground. Too bad Texas couldn't get some of this rain. They are having great fires that are burning peoples houses and it's spreading. Mary Kate said it was raining in LaGrange, GA, and Atlanta had 3 tornadoes from the storm.

I got out once today for scripture study but stayed in and threw away some old boxes I was saving. I found the picture album of the Layton family I had made years ago and had forgotten where I put it. I put it back in the same place so I would know where it is. Some pages are gone and I don't have any idea where they might be. I feel fortunate that I found the album.

Trudy is planning a girls night out for us sometime soon. She and I would meet Mary Kate somewhere in Birmingham and spend Friday night and then shop the next day and go home Saturday afternoon. We did it several years ago and it was a lot of fun. Then in January, we might go again and take Sadie and Sophia and do a session in the temple for the girls will be old enough to do baptisms. It's good to have plans.

No comments: