Saturday, January 29, 2011

Breakfast

The neighbors in our hood get together once a month and eat breakfast together at Shoney's. Saundra called yesterday to tell us about it and I said I'd go. When I got there, Brenda and Bobby and Nancy and Harold were walking in so I went in with them. Tim and Eva were there as were Saundra and her husband and daughter and granddaughter. Another couple, I can't remember their names, were there too. It was nice to see all the neighbors together. I didn't say anything. I don't have anything to say but I enjoyed listening to them. We'll all meet again February 12th, I think.

It was a good day for Frank. We made up some papers to go in Gert's cage. I don't know what's wrong with Gert. He won't come out for me. He runs to the back of his cage if I open the door and try to get him out. He's bit my finger twice when I tried to coax him out. He'll come out of the cage when I open the door and then walk away from the cage but if I try to get close to him, he hightails it back into the upper most part of his cage, away from me. I guess I need to write Dr. Jan a letter explaining my plight and see if she has any answers. Gert has a rope toy that he chews on a lot of the time. He chewed up the other rope toy that was in his cage and I took it out and put another toy in but he didn't like it and was on the floor of his cage chewing on the cage floor bars! He went back to chewing on the rope toy when I gave him another one.

No comments: