Monday, November 30, 2009

Wonderful Monday

What was wonderful about today? Our scripture study went well and Karen is going to alter my jacket for me. I really didn't know how to do it and was afraid to try. It didn't have Dolman sleeves after all, but had set in sleeves. The lining was sewed to the bottom and sleeves and every where else it could be sewed. Karen said it helped the material go through the machines better when it was done that way. After study, I came home and got lunch ready.

After lunch, I went to K-Mart looking for a sweater vest I saw advertised. Too bad I didn't notice that it came in plus sizes only or I would have saved myself a trip. I saw another vest but it only came in a medium and I needed a large.

Next, I went to All About Me, a boutique, and got a longer strap for my Miche bag. I also got another wrap for my purse. It's like having 3 handbags now! Next, I'll need a hanger for all my wraps. It came with two handles and I wanted a shoulder bag and I knew they made one long strap. Actually I got two straps but I also got a conversion kit where I could make it only have one strap. I like it better with one strap.

On my e-mail, I get notices from Land's End and they had a fleece vest that I liked. I noticed the catalog said the sale lasted only until Dec. 1st and today is November 30th, so I phoned in an order tonight. I didn't know if it was 24 hour calling or not, but it was, so I placed an order for one fleece vest, color, black. I thought I wanted two, but black will go with every thing.

No comments: