Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

After I made the peas, asparagus and mushroom casserole, I was ready to drive to Trudy's house for Thanksgiving dinner. When I got there, Trudy and Mary Kate were just getting ready to cook. The turkey breast was in the crock pot and the ham was boiling on the stove (they got a ham that wasn't cooked), and Mary Kate was making her dressing. She put cheese on my casserole and it got in the oven later. The pumpkin pies had to be baked and the yams plus the dressing so the oven was working overtime. The ham was delicious! Boiling it got a lot of salt out of it and it was yummy. The turkey breast was dry (as usual) but everything turned out fine. Trudy even made homemade cranberry sauce that was very good. I took some food home to Dad since he couldn't go. The Fayeteville missionaries came and it was one fine dinner. I left for home around 2:00 PM.

Not much traffic on the roads this morning and not too much in the afternoon when I came home. Walmart was open but it wasn't a mob like there was Wednesday. I decided against going shopping on Black Friday with the gang. I don't like crowds and why tag along just to be going. If I had something in mind to buy, it would be different.

No comments: