Monday, November 2, 2009

I Put the Rat Up

I have this wonderfully evil black rat that is as large as a small cat, sitting on it's haunches with it's mouth open and you can see his bright red tongue hanging between his crooked white teeth and his eyes are bright red and he has a nice long, black tail. I like to place him on the porch to greet people who come to the door at night. Dad hates it, and I love it. I'm putting it away today and I've decided to name him, "Charles". Now to remember that name by next October!

We never have any trick or treaters but I always buy a bag of candy, just in case...I had a church meeting that night and Frank had the goblins and witches all to himself. No one came by. Could it be that the house was all dark except for Frank's bedroom light in the back of the house? Now we have a bag of Tootsie Roll candy that I will give to the neighborhood kids that take our garbage out.

This morning Karen followed me to H'ville to leave the new Accord at the shop to get deodorized. It'll be gone for 2-3 days. I guess I'll be driving the fishing car when I go anywhere. That's what I call the 19-20 year old Honda that we use when Frank has to go the Dr's office. It still runs and the air conditioner still runs. I don't know how much longer it will run, but hopefully it will give us another year or two of good service.

3 comments:

the Villamor's said...

Charles needs to come live with us for a while. Obie would love to play with him;)

the Villamor's said...

not only will you have to remember the rat's name but also where you put the rat!

the Villamor's said...

do you still have the rat you would put in the peanut butter jar?