Friday, November 20, 2009

To P.O.

After lunch, Frank finally got his Germ X box ready to mail and I had my box for the Layton kids all ready to go, so I drove to the Post Office and mailed them. Sure cost a bit to mail a box or two. I'm glad to send the children a Christmas check and have them play Santa for us.

I cooked a pot of beans in between trips and resting. I'm glad to know the fast way of cooking dried beans. Bring them to a boil and let them sit an hour, rinse the old water off and then refill with clean water and cook about 1 1/2 hours until done. No problem at all. We had the beans for dinner. We don't eat much meat at all. I do have a ham that I've been eating on. It's too salty for Frank and it makes me thirsty but I enjoy it. We have the steak burgers I fix once in a while but not every week. I don't miss the meat.

I checked of the Decker's cat's. Their litter box was full but wasn't stinky. The normally shy cats were ready for some human contact and let me pet them. The chickens were gathered to one side of their pen as if it were time for dinner. Ken has someone come over and take care of the animals. They will be back Monday, I think. The wedding was today or tomorrow and their entire family was going to be there.

No comments: