Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday

I left home this morning before 9 AM. I needed to stop by the pharmacy for an Rx and drop a letter off at the PO and then take my extra pair of glasses to Jody's Optical to get a pair or reading glasses made. The print in the second edition of the New Testament Study Guide has smaller print in it and my no line bifocals don't work as well. I have reading glasses in my bedroom but would forget to get them or forget to bring them back so I took the last pair of frames I had and had them made into reading glasses for the living room. Now, I have no more glasses frames. I have computer glasses, piano glasses, 2 pair of reading glasses and my regular everyday glasses. It's been 2 years since I got new frames. I like what I have and don't wish to get new ones.

I dropped off a small stack of magazines to Pep Boys. The man was glad to get them. I noticed their choice of magazines was poor and I had a bunch at my house. I hate to throw away good magazines. I had gotten two from Ruth and subscribe to The Week, a news magazine that comes weekly, plus two 2015 calendars and a self-reliance catalog. The only ones they might not put out were the two NRA magazines. When I read the NRA magazine, I want to go out and buy a gun and some ammo!

I ended up at Walmart for some groceries. We were out of fresh veggies and milk. They were out of kale so I got some spinach and baby kale. I cooked 2 bags so we would be able to eat several meals from the one cooking. I cooked two bunches of broccoli this afternoon and will cook a cauliflower tomorrow. We still have cabbage, tomatoes and smoked sausage to eat plus some goulash. I forgot to get some ground turkey today but may have one pound left in the freezer.

Tomorrow, I will cook and wash clothes and I need to vacuum the floors and the air filters and play the piano. It's so hard to go down and play the piano now that I have nothing to practice for. I enjoy it once I get to playing but I don't play enough. I don't want to loose the technique that I have and I will if I don't play any.

No comments: