Thursday, February 13, 2014

SNOW

It started snowing yesterday afternoon and must have snowed all night for we woke up to a winter wonder land this morning. We must have gotten 4-6 inches.  The temperature got up to 47 degrees and the snow has been melting all day. I got out to sweep the snow off of the ramp but it was too thick to sweep it off. I should have waited until this afternoon to do it and would have had more success. I got the snow off the car and drove to Dollar General to get some milk. Hy 72 was mostly snow less. Mary Kate will be able to drive up from LaGrange, GA tomorrow evening alright. I was getting sad thinking she wouldn't be able to come. Nate left his iPod in his pants pocket and the washing machine got it. He wants a new one and is saving his money for it. I'm giving Mary Kate a 1st generation iPad and Nate is excited about that.

Trudy is in the hospital again, this time getting a heart ablation. Her heart rate got up to 300 a minute and the Dr wanted her in the hospital yesterday. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
She will go home tomorrow, Valentine's Day.

Our power went off last night and stayed off 12 hours. We ate a cold lunch. The gas heater in the basement kept the house warm and when the electricity did come on again the the heat pump started running, it pumped all the hot air in the basement upstairs and it got up to 80 degrees. I had to take my long sleeved shirt off it go so hot.

I've ordered a bread kneading machine. We have all that whole wheat and we have a grinder but didn't have a bread kneader and I am too old to be kneading bread. Maybe I'll be making whole wheat bread now. One person said they never made less than 6 loaves when they made it. 6 loaves would go a long way at our house. 

No comments: