Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Silver Sneakers

I really enjoy going to Silver Sneakers. It's at 8:30 AM at the senior center and I try to go M-W-F. Today was a cold day, temps in the 30's and I guess the cold kept some of the people away. Temps in the 30's isn't so bad, it's the wind that blows and makes it feel even colder that's bad. I had a bill to pay that was near the senior center and after I did that I came home. I had gotten up at 6 AM and was a little tired so I tried to nap in the recliner when I got home. In fact, I've been tired all day. Must have been some left overs from Frank being in the hospital Sunday or early Monday morning.

My right leg is still hurting. The surgeon couldn't tell me what was going on. His x-rays showed the work he had done with the plates and screws was okay and the bone had healed but he didn't say why it was hurting. The x-rays showed some arthritis in my lower spine and he had me get an MRI. The results of that test showed three discs that looked abnormal and he wanted me to see one of the spine Dr's at Sports Med. I'll see Dr Fruedenburger in March. Don't know what he'll say. My back isn't hurting. I know I have a collapsed disc from the osteoporosis but it doesn't hurt except when I get out of bed in the morning. It's kind of hard moving around in a foam mattress.

Frank is feeling better but isn't active. He stays in bed all day. On his bed in the living room or on his bed in his room.

The stuff I ordered in the mail is coming in. I got a bright red sweatshirt that I wore today. It feeds good to have a sweatshirt on. It looks like I have an under shirt on and that gives it a finished look. I got another sweatshirt, this one pink with darker pink decorations. It has a ruffled collar. Today I got a thing that helps button up buttons. Sometimes, I can't grasp the buttons and hold them long enough to button up a blouse and this contraption is supposed to help with the buttons. I also got a hard case to hold my credit cards. I already have two and needed another one to hold more cards. No wonder my purse is so heavy!

No comments: