Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31, New Year's Eve

I got the turkey ready to go into the oven at 11:30 AM. It cooked in three hours. I had forgotten to put it in a turkey bag but it did just fine. About 1 cup on juice cooked off and it wasn't real fatty. It was a 9 lb bird. After it cooled, I took it off the bones. Even the breast was juicy and moist! It was a Lit'l Butterball turkey. After I got on the computer, I learned that Trudy and her family won't be coming over tomorrow. She's not feeling well and that they will come maybe next week. We pigged out on the apple salad and had turkey sandwiches for supper! We'll surely miss them. I had presents and everything for them.

I'll take down the Christmas decorations tomorrow. I'll miss them. I've enjoyed my little tree with the blinking lights on it. I really didn't decorate much, just the tree and a few Christmas cards. It'll be easy to clear away.

Rikki has a liver disease and has been loosing weight. I've been feeding her her medicine and walnuts and Nutriberrys, anything to fatten her up. Frank has made a special perch he can put on the postal scale and weigh her. Sometimes life is short and sweet. We've had her 16 years.

No comments: