Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Party

I almost didn't go to the senior center Christmas party. I had gone back to bed to read the scriptures and before I knew it it was 9:15 AM and the party was at 10:00 AM. I rushed and got dressed. I had made the brownies and had a present. I got there and there was already a large crowd sitting in a semi-circle. I sat with Ethel and another girl that comes to the exercise classes outside of the semi-circle. Everyone got a ticket with a number on it, if you brought a present. That way, if you brought a present, you would get a present. When my number was called, I "stole" a present that was already unwrapped. It was a small water fountain and I thought it was nice. No one "stole" it from me but Frank didn't sound too excited about it when he said, "Are you going to put water in it?"

I exercised with Janet at 2:30 PM and had a good work-out. She said I was doing good and had increased in weights. She gave me a pair of very pretty earrings that she had made. She said she had noticed I liked earrings and she made me a pair. I had been admiring her earrings and will have to tell her that next week.

Next, I went to Lowe's to get Dad a grab bar for the bathroom. We had installed two bars in the large bathroom when I had my knees replaced two years ago and they are a big help. They didn't have the one I had a paper for and it would take two weeks for it to come in, so I looked at what they did have and found one that would work. 

No comments: