Saturday, December 10, 2011

Whole Wheat Day

This morning was the neighborhood breakfast at Shoney's. There was a nice crowd. I had two sausage biscuits and ate one and brought the other one home. I guess the food was too greasy for I didn't feel satisfied and ate a small bowl of cereal when I got home.

I read some of my book, The Fifth Woman, and then got up and got the Vita Mix out and ground 2 cups of whole wheat and made whole wheat pancakes. Yum, were they good! I ate mine while I was standing up cooking the rest of the pancakes. I made several large pancakes instead of 18 smaller ones. I used my new iron skillet. If I had a griddle, maybe I would have made smaller cakes.

Rosko is full of pin feathers. We put the birds to bed but Rosko is still putting up a ruckus and throwing his bell around. He must be uncomfortable. The first night he did it, we worried about him and the next day, we changed the cover in his nest and washed out the nest and gave him a shower. But he still is agitated so I guess it's all his new feathers growing in that are causing him trouble.

I practiced the piano today but didn't work out. I was just too lazy.

No comments: