Monday, May 4, 2009

PT Day

The physical therapy wasn't bad. I warmed up on the bicycle and then did some ham string stretches. Then, we went to a table and I lay down for the rest of the exercises.

Yesterday, my mind was really troubled about the fact that I might not be able to get more of the pain killer. Sunday, I had to leave church to take a dose, but the afternoon was free of pain. I got Frank to give me a blessing and he told me it might be time to get off the medicine (I didn't like that thought at first...) and that I would be able to get more medicine, if I needed it. Sunday night was pain free and I slept well (for me, that is). I have two pills left and I had to decide whether to take them before or after the PT. I decided to wait to see if I needed them, and I didn't! I guess I liked the medicine because it made me feel better - pain without pills - pills, no pain. It was not a feeling that I miss since I've stopped taking them. I had been praying that my knee would continue to heal but was not praying for the pain to go away. Dugh! Live and learn....

After the PT session, I went to Walmart to buy groceries. It was the first time I've shopped since the operation. After I got home, I rested a bit, but I was tired all day. Five weeks isn't a long time to get over an operation and I guess I will feel tired for a while.

A couple at church want our old couch. They're coming to get it Thursday. I hope by then the rain has stopped. They'll have to come to the "back" of the house to get it out of the living room. Hopefully, we won't have to move the bird cages. The new sofa will be delivered May 19th. It will take some getting used to. We've never had leather and the back of the couch is higher than the old one. It's really comfy to lie down on!

No comments: